Thursday, June 07, 2007

Promises Delivered

As I stated in yesterday's post, I am going to write about work again. I know; I know. You can't wait to hear about my experiences. Ha. I kid.

Today I started making a list, and this is a estimate because it got busy and I wasn't able to take out my slip of paper and write a tally mark, but I had 161 customers today. That's about 40 customers an hour, which, very loosely, is one customer every one and a half minutes. Of those 161 people, 131 of them were regulars. Of the 131 regulars, I'd say about 110 of them come in every day! The others about every other day or so. Wow. (Now this is an estimate, as I said, but there are more than this stated amount. I counted the accounts we have, such as Poland Spring and Depew Oil, as one cutomer. However, there's about 10-15 Poland guys and Depew varies every day.)

Here are some of the regulars:
Laugh Lady: She gets guess everyday. And every day she gets an odd dollar amount of gas. It's alway 9..62 or 11.94 etc, as opposed to 10.00 or 12.00 dollars. Most of the time she pays the amount as is, what I mean is, she'll always give me 9.62 instead of 10.00 dollars. Today she didn't, but she usually does. I call her laugh lady because, well, she's always laughing. AT NOTHING. I've never come across this lady when she's not laughing. Did I mention it was at nothingness. Whatever, more power to her, I guess.

Irish Man: At least I think he is. He hardly talks, but when he does, I hear a accent. He gets a large coffee and 2 55 cent granola bars everyday. It comes out to be 2 dollars and 55 cents.

Quiet Baby Lady: Last summer, or something like that, she came in everyday and bought a water and a Rice Krispy Treat. She was pregnant. She always seems nervous to me...her voice and hands shake everytime I interact with her. However, she ran into someone she hadn't seen in a while one day and she was talking very fluent Spanish to this man. Her voice didn't seem to shake then. Anyway, now that she's not pregnant anymore, she gets coffee everyday. I haven't seen the baby, as I'm sure she stops in on her way to work, but she looks good for having a kid and all.

Keith: Paper and Vitamin water everyday... $2 He runs/owns/manages (IDK) an excuvating business. I overheard him today talking about going to Standford to finish the job. Whatever that means.

BOB: 222 dollar straight, midday and evening. $1.75 in papers

The guy from the plant: There's a couple of these guys, but he's the one who every day I ask, "credit or debit" and every day he says, "the one you have to sign." I don't do it on purpose; I generally forget even though I see him all the time. I'll remember tomorrow; I suppose. However, today he asked, "so, which one is the one where I have to sign, so I know." "It's credit," I said.

There's two ladies that come in everyday dress for work. (Not together...at different times) I thought both of these ladies were nurses, or worked in some sort of medical office. They're always dress like nurses. The one lady, however, works in a supermarket bakery making cakes. The other, a lunch lady. Weird. I just found this out recently. They, too, get the same thing everyday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is fascinating. Seriously. It reminds me of the horrible days when I worked at the convenience stores. I hated every one of my regular customers. Every one of them.