Monday, April 23, 2007

New Title III

Still procrastinating about thinking about the title of my blog. I just wanted to mention, as talked over with Ray, that the blog title generator mentioned in my previous blog is not awesome.

As for now, my title is dedicated to Ray. Here is why:

As far back as I can remember, people have always told me that I need to smile. I constantly have people asking me why I am mad, sad, upset, in a murderous rage, etc. However, I am none of these things, most of the time. If you take a look at my drivers license, you'll see what looks like a prison mug shot for someone about to enter a maximum facility institution because she has just committed an awful crime and is a little smug about it. I was actually in a good mood at the time of the picture. To continue, I can't stress enough how much this happens to me (all the "hey, what's wrongs" and "I always thought you were a bitch before I met you because you always looked pissed at the worlds"). Now, I'm not going to go so far as to say I'm not a cynical, jaded, pessimistic person, but more often than not, my facial expressions don't demonstrate what I am thinking or feeling. To make a long, redundant story shorter...Ray, one day about a year ago, commented on this "look" that seems to make everyone inquisitive about my state of mind. In reply I said, "It's just my face." The rest is history. We have a good chuckle about it sometimes, and I don't think I'll ever forget it, seeing as though people will continue to ask me if I'm about to (trying to think of something that isn't "homicidal rampage" because I don't want to be insensitive to what just happened at VT, but I can't think on 2 hours of sleep.) I think you get it, I'm not going to finish that sentence.

I feel fake going around smiling all of the time. Who does that anyway? People go around with a solomn expression on their faces all of the time, yet don't get others going out of their ways to walk on the other side of the street because they think you're going to punch them in the face for no apparent reason other than my face says I'm going to. Why is it that my lack of a smile connotes something other than John Doe's lack of a smile? I'm going to go with... it's just my face.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gayness called: it wants its blog title back.

Pseudonym Jim said...

Before you and I were aquainted, I always assumed you didn't smile because you had fucked up teeth. Then I met you and found that this wasn't true, that you were, in fact, mad, sad, upset, and in a murderous rage most of the time. I'm making two points here (both of which are, of course, brilliant): A, you're a liar, and 2, don't put words in my mouth. That all being said, have you considered prozac?

Joe Fox said...

Megan I don;t think I know who you are, but I think your blog title is good, with or without the back story.